We recently ran a series of LinkedIn polls to answer the question, What are the biggest challenges facing General Counsel when hiring legal talent. We’ve collated all our results and our sharing our findings in a series of articles. Here we discuss our most popular challenge – budget.
Whilst budget has been a common problem for General Counsel historically the post pandemic surge in private practice salaries and demand for legal talent has further impacted many in-house teams and made hiring more challenging. Before starting you next in-house counsel search, ask yourself a few questions:
- Have you benchmarked the role externally with a source you trust so you can feedback the data directly to your HR team?
- Have you thought about where you could be flexible with the profile criteria?
- Do you need to hire like for like or could this be a step-up/growth opportunity?
- Have you considered offering the role on a part-time basis?
- Have you considered offering the role remotely to access talent with lower salary requirements due to location?
Speaking with a specialist legal recruiter such as Taylor Root can provide the market insight and context you need to understand the talent pool available to you. We partner with you to provide an accurate overview of the market and will suggest solutions in order to secure a great hire for your budget.
Our latest UK and Ireland in-house legal market report and salary guide is available here.
Please get in touch if you are looking for further suggestions on improving your recruitment process or accessing a wider pool of legal talent: email@example.com