Sarah Ingwersen Salary Guide, Market Insight
Welcome to the Taylor Root 2020 Global In-house Market Report & COVID-19 Impact Survey. In what has been an unprecedented year of uncertainty, we felt that it was more vital than ever that our annual commentary on the in-house market was being informed not only by our global team of specialist consultants, but also by you.
The full report contains:
• Overview of the Global Legal, Risk & Compliance Market
• COVID-19 and the Challenges facing General Counsel and In-house Lawyers
• The Future of Working and The New Normal
• Coping with Compliance, Managing Risk and Supporting the Recovery
• Case Study: Hiring During a Pandemic -The Virtual Process
• International Legal Market Insights for the United Kingdom, Ireland, BeNeLux, Italy, Germany, META region, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and North America
Below is an extract from the UK Legal Market Update
Whilst there has been a significant reduction in instructions for in-house lawyers, this is not necessarily reflective of the requirement for legal resources, with 34% of respondents reporting that an increased workload has created a need for additional lawyers, yet they have been prevented from recruiting by hiring freezes. Some companies have been fortunate enough to hire in-house lawyers during this period; 7% of respondents are actively recruiting due to increased workload, and for 40%, nothing has changed, and they are recruiting as normal. They no doubt will have been able to capitalise on the high calibre talent now available, which is likely to continue as the furlough scheme draws to an end and companies and law firms start redundancy processes (9% of respondents are looking at making redundancies in their legal teams).
We invite you to download the complete report by filling in the form below, or for an in-depth discussion on any of the material in the report please contact one of our Taylor Root in-house consultants today.
Complete the form below to download the full report.