Demand for technology lawyers remains strong, both from the technology industry itself and from the broader corporate sector. As all businesses focus on innovation, the recruitment of dedicated technology lawyers for in-house teams has become essential for most large corporates. In addition to supporting internal IT contracting, procurement and outsourcing needs, in-house technology lawyers increasingly support the development of critical customer facing technologies.
Smaller, dynamic MNCs in the areas of software, cloud computing, data analytics and the digital sector are starting to recruit for their first regional counsel on the ground in Singapore. Compensation tends to vary widely depending on the size and stage of the company’s growth, as reflected in the table below. Base salaries on offer tend to be much lower in comparison to what larger, more established companies can offer, but this is compensated with generous equity options. Mandarin language capabilities are preferred as China becomes an increasingly important market in APAC for many of these companies.
|PQE||Base Salary Range||Bonus Range|
|1 – 3||70,000 SGD – 90,000 SGD||0 – 10%|
|3 – 5||80,000 SGD – 120,000 SGD||0 – 20%|
|5 – 7||96,000 SGD – 150,000 SGD||10 – 20%|
|7 – 9||120,000 SGD – 240,000 SGD||15 – 20%|
|9 – 11||180,000 SGD – 250,000 SGD||15 – 25%|
|SEA Head of Legal||180,000 SGD – 280,000 SGD||25 – 40%|
|APAC Head of Legal||300,000 SGD – 500,000 SGD||30 – 50%|
• 10 years’ PQE
• Currently regional counsel at a leading services provider in the telecommunications industry
• Started as sole counsel and grew the legal function to a team of 3 in Asia
• Has business-level Mandarin and very familiar with operating in a Chinese environment
• 13 years’ PQE
• Currently APJ Counsel at a US technology MNC, providing legal strategy, advice and support for the company’s business and operations
• Fluent in business-level Mandarin, including negotiating and drafting in Mandarin
• Available immediately due to restructuring in the company
• 6 years’ PQE
• Was with the technology team of a top Indian firm, including a one-year secondment to the U.S
• Has drafted, negotiated and advised on complex IT, business outsourcing agreements and IP licenses, particularly in the technology and financial services sectors
• Relocated to Singapore recently and is available immediately
For more information, please contact us today.