Trade Associate, 2-5 PQE
- Advising clients on a wide range of matters, with a particular focus on customs, export controls and sanctions work but with the opportunity to be involved in anti-dumping, WTO, product regulatory, anti-bribery, corruption and foreign investment matters. Associates work in a collegiate environment for a range of partners and can expect a good variety of work.
- Developing relationships with clients including gaining a good knowledge of the client’s businesses, economic drivers, market and sector requirements in order to ensure advice is relevant and commercial.
- Regular and direct contact with clients, with a culture based on associates being given the level of responsibility they are ready for, rather than a PQE based method of work allocation.
- Engaging in business development activities and being active in the promotion of the Firm and seeking opportunities for new work.
- Working as part of a team including assisting with the supervision of more junior lawyers’ work, and taking an active part in sharing knowledge and experience with the team.
There are regular opportunities for secondments with clients. Posting to other offices under the firm’s associate transfer programme is also a possibility.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.