Taylor Root is currently seeking and Tax and Trusts Paralegal or Legal Executive to join a leading Surrey firm.
Undertaking fee earning work within the Tax and Trusts team this is a broad role that will allow you to work with clients from case inception to completion while offering good exposure to all aspects of Tax and Trust work from a private client perspective.
On a day to day you can expect to
- Dealing with processing of AML and engagement information for trusts and other private client work where applicable;
- Preparation of annual Trust Accounts and submission of these to the trustees for approval;
- Prepare Trust Tax returns along with relevant computations;
- Prepare Estates Tax returns and relevant computations and online submission of tax returns and preparation of income tax statements for beneficiaries;
- Dealing with beneficiary income and periodic payments to include obtaining authority and signature for payments and liaising with trustees, banks and brokers in this regard;
- Preparing trustees resolutions and deeds of appointment of funds;
- Preparing deeds of appointment and retirement of trustees and dealing with the transfer of assets within the trust into the names of the new trustees;
- Providing general advice to clients in relation to income tax, capital gains tax and Inheritance Tax treatment of trusts and estates and on occasion individuals who are beneficiaries of trusts and estates;
Our client is keen to hear from candidates with a legal background, Paralegal or Cilex, in trust and estate administration as well as prior experience managing a caseload of files.
To discuss in more detail please apply with a current CV to the link below.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.