This role sits in a team of 4 and will involve the following duties:
For relevant Portfolio subsidiaries:
- Develop the Corporate Governance Frameworks to reflect the requirements in the company's Subsidiary Governance Directive
- Working with the Chair, produce candidate profiles for director vacancies and check candidates meet the individual suitability requirements for members of the management body prior to nomination;
- Produce induction materials and an induction programme for new directors and check their individual training needs;
- Working with the Chair, undertake Board effectiveness evaluations and create the Board skills matrices to ensure that collectively the Boards are sufficiently diverse and have adequate knowledge, skills and experience;
- Working with the Subsidiary Governance team, conduct gap analysis on forthcoming regulatory changes as they relate to corporate governance to ensure the Portfolio subsidiaries remain compliant;
- Provide quarterly governance reports to the Boards advising on matters of company law and corporate governance relevant to the operation of the subsidiary;
- Migrate each of the above entities onto the Diligent portal For all Portfolio subsidiaries:
- Oversee the preparation and management of the agenda, notices, meeting materials and the logistics for all Board meetings
- Attend all Board meetings
- Produce minutes and associated correspondence including the matters arising chart and Board rolling agendas
- Responsible for corporate filings with local registries
- Responsible for maintenance of statutory registers in GEMS to include director, company and capital changes
- Complete corporate change checklists
- Assist Regional Manager, Subsidiary Governance (Europe) with quarterly verification reporting of operational compliance
- Assist management with KYC and regulatory requests Transactional:
- Review and advise on capital management transactions, projects and processes, including preparing documentation in coordination with Legal, as necessary.
- Liaise with corporate support areas to address queries from accountants, internal control, internal and external auditors, regulators and compliance staff.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.