- Newly created role
- 1-year contract
- Play a key role as part of a growing regional business
Our client is a global player in the chemicals industry, and Singapore is a key hub as their Southeast Asia headquarters. An exceptional opportunity is available for a junior lawyer to join the team in a contract role, with the opportunity to for a permanent conversion at the end of the contract.
You will be primarily responsible for advising on construction and corporate commercial matters, as the business expands their manufacturing presence across the region.
- Legal counsel for legal matters/issues in connection with a large scale plant building project
- Counsel must be able to work independently with commercial teams and Project director, handle negotiations with counterparties, and perform duties professionally in line with the organisation's policies and precedents
- Provide support to head of the Legal department for SEA
- Advise and support commercial transactions and industrial operations and projects in SEA
- drafting, reviewing and assisting to negotiate commercial contracts (e.g., sales, distribution, raw materials purchase, goods and services procurement, logistics services contracts, etc.) and industrial contracts (tolling, platform agreements, etc.)
- Assist with corporate governance and compliance programmes
- Provide legal support to ad hoc assignments in SEA
- Qualified in Singapore (preferred) or a Common Law jurisdiction
- 3-5 years of post-qualified experience in reputable firms and/or multinational companies
- Experience in General Corporate work is strongly preferred
- Experience with infrastructure, construction & engineering projects and the chemical industry will be a plus
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.