This is an opportunity for a junior lawyer to join a firm where he/she can build a successful career in a supportive environment, working with one of the top insurance practices in the country.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Providing clients with commercial legal advice
- Regularly reviewing applicable case law and legislative changes
- Conducting effective legal research and analysis to produce timely, commercial and legally accurate advice
- Managing a robust workload, including prioritising work and delivering services effectively
- Developing an understanding of client operations and strategy
- Continual professional development and managing CLE requirements
The successful candidate:
- Ideally 2-3 years' PQE with experience in insurance (particularly in professional indemnity or personal injury)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions well
- Ability to relate to people at all levels and effectively work in a team
- A strong focus on turnaround time and ability to work under pressure
- Practical and client focused problem solving and research skills
- A strong, plain language communication style
About the firm:
This firm's workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
The firm established a Foundation, which brings together their entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
The firm offers an environment where its values of Balance, Respect, Loyalty and Integrity guide all of its actions. They continually invest in their people, providing training, learning and support, a formal mentoring program and promoting a social and connected environment. They also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, massages and professional memberships.
Inclusion and Diversity is a priority at the firm. They welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.