The ideal candidate for this role would be someone who wants to work in an innovative and commercial environment at the forefront of the Equity Derivatives landscape from both a UK and US perspective. Clients include Investment banks, Funds, and Corporates.
The group is small but has a well-defined slot for a mid-level who wants face to face relationships with clients. The partners feel an associate who can run transactions independently would fit in well.
* Drafting and reviewing prospectuses, offering circulars and other disclosure documents
* Drafting and reviewing trust deeds/indentures, agency agreements and subscription/dealer agreements
* Advising clients and drafting legal opinions
* Arranging closing mechanics such as clearing
* Supervision of trainees
You will be familiar with using equity derivatives in the context of corporate transactions, have trained at a leading firm and have also gained in-house experience.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
* Familiarity with ISDA definitions and documentation, in particular with equity derivatives, and the ability to draft the relevant derivatives documentation (including but not limited to ISDA schedules, confirmations, amendment agreements and other bespoke derivative documentation). Ideally the candidate will also have experience of other underlying asset classes and OTC derivatives generally
* Knowledge of regulations affecting the derivatives market, such as EMIR, and more generally, MiFID II
* Flexibility and ability to adapt to work on different types of structured finance matters, for example, CLOs and related warehousing, margin loans, or refinancing through structured issuances
* An interest and general awareness of the cryptocurrency market, to undertake research in this area and provide advice to client
Qualifications and Skills
3 years PQE+. The firm will consider applicants outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
You will have trained at a leading, established firm. This will ideally be within private practice, but applicants with in house backgrounds will also be considered if they can demonstrate the necessary technical competencies.
You will have strong academics, with a minimum 2.1 (or equivalent) from a top university.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.