car allowance, pension, bonus
10 months ago
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly regarded Legal Team and assist the General Counsel to provide a pro-active, preventative and commercially relevant legal service to the major projects ongoing within the business. You will ideally have around 5-10 PQE, with solid commercial and governance experience, as well as have a problem solving approach.
The role is high profile and high impact. The work of the Legal team is critical to the success of the projects with responsibilities which include:
- Governance: Managing complex governance arrangements across EDF's new nuclear projects in the UK
- Intellectual Property Rights: understanding, overseeing and advising on complex IPR rights across different technologies
- Construction: negotiating and supporting the management of contracts required for the construction of the new nuclear power stations, including management of any disputes; and
- Regulatory and planning: Supporting the businesses with regulatory compliance and development/compliance with planning requirements.
Your role will be:
- To act as the expert in shareholder matters relating to each of the UK projects, providing support to the General Counsel on matters from a shareholder viewpoint across all equity and project documents.
- To develop, share knowledge and work closely with others within the rest of the Legal Team in providing solutions to enable the success of the projects and protecting shareholder interests.
- To provide a timely, pro-active and solutions focussed legal advice on management of the equity arrangements, key contracts, arrangements with Government and shareholders and general advice on all development projects.
- Whilst the role predominantly focuses on understanding and navigating existing agreements, it also required the review, draft and negotiation of contracts where appropriate.
- To identify and support management of claims and disputes which may arise.
- To develop and deliver training courses appropriate for the business and for other solicitors as required.
- To undertake research, as directed, on future legislative changes that may impact the business.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.