Senior Software Engineer
Senior Developer | London | £90,000 – £100,000 Base Plus Bonus & Benefits
My client, a well-established global financial service firm who specialises in creating enterprise investment management software solutions is looking for an experienced software engineer who will be responsible for redesigning the current system to deliver a market leading solution front to back in OTC Derivatives.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker and demonstrated team player. You will be a senior developer working as part of a collaborative team to first prototype then productionize the various system enhancements working with experienced SMEs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Owner to design and develop software solutions to meet market need and assist in managing the product backlog for their functional area
- Advise stakeholders on complex technical problems including specifying proper software designs and use of existing facilities to solve common problems
- Provide expert guidance and critical analysis of proposed changes during code reviews
Essential experience and skills required
- 5 to 10 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
- Experience in back-end technologies: Java, Python, and external facing API development
- Able to independently design specs
- Able to work on small to medium projects with little to no supervision and on more complex tasks with no oversight
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to work alone and in a collaborative team environment
- Experience developing event driven architectures
- Experience developing cloud native services on one the major cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud is a plus
- Experience in Angular or React is a plus
My client is looking for multiple Senior Developers to join the London team on a permanent basis.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.