Our client is a global professional services company looking to recruit an exceptional candidate in their global risk team. You will sit in either New York or Washington D.C, reporting directly to the Global Director of Risk as well as the regional Director of Risk for North America. The Risk function manages risks to the firm, their clients, and their people. The function is a highly integrated global team, with backgrounds including communications, consulting, diplomacy, government, government affairs, and law.
You will work closely with client-serving Partners and wider colleagues across the firm, with the firm's board and risk committees, and with other professionals including the Communications and Legal teams.
This role is focused on advising on risks relating to providing professional services, such as organizational and individual conflicts of interest, confidentiality, reputation risk. The role does not involve advice on financial, credit, or information technology risk.
In this role you will:
- Work as part of the Firm's global client service risk function to advise on the most complex risks) on how the Firm can best serve its clients and publish its knowledge while managing the risks involved.
- Advise Partners and the CSRC on how to manage potential risks on higher-risk client engagements and publications in the Americas (North and Latin America)
- Lead and participate in global risk policy reviews
- Integrate advice from across Firm functions (including Communications, Legal, and Risk) and 'cells' (practices, offices, new delivery models) to provide counsel on multi-faceted issues
The role requires excellent judgment, problem-solving skills, and written and oral communication. It needs distinctive interpersonal and collaborative skills, together with exceptional integrity and judgment.
- At least 7-12 years' professional experience, likely in legal, consulting/ professional services, risk, and/or communications
- An affinity and abiding interest for risk and governance issues
- Outstanding "IQ, EQ, and RQ" - demonstrated through your problem-solving and judgment, communications and listening, and ability to thrive in a complex organization
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills - working on complex, sensitive, time-critical issues, quickly getting up to speed on unfamiliar topics
- Demonstrated record of subject matter expertise in some of the key risk issues faced by a global consulting firm (e.g., staffing and organizational conflicts, crisis response, reputational risk)
- Able to provide advice across a wide range of topics including healthcare, infrastructure, defense, education, etc.
- An entrepreneurial, collaborative attitude, with interest and aptitude for working as part of a global team, across countries and cultures
- Strong personal presence and credibility, with the ability to work across all levels of seniority and geographies, cultivating trust-based, peer-counselor relationships
- Highly resilient, with an action-oriented style; comfort and credibility in challenging discussions with senior colleagues, balancing robustness, persistence, flexibility, humility, tact, and calmness under pressure
- Outstanding English communication and listening skills; clear and concise writing, augmented by strong listening skills Strong organizational capabilities, with highly collaborative attitude and interest and aptitude for working as part of a global team
- Top academic credentials (graduate degree or JD preferred) and demonstrated intellectual curiosity through professional training, advanced degree, or professional impact
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.