Do you want to work for one of the largest global payments companies?
My client are seeking a individual just a vibrant as their current team to join them and help them keep innovating the way the world pays. They are very proud of the team they have created which has now reached over 15,000 and understand that each member of that team is more that just their day job. This role reports into the Head of Privacy and there are 6 in their EMEA Data Protection team.
What you will be doing day to day:
- Providing data privacy and commercial compliance advise and supporting staff at all levels within the company. Advising on client and supplier agreements, digital product initiatives and licensing agreements among others.
- Being a SME for data protection and keeping up to date with various areas of law and revising relevant policy where necessary.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a wide range of contracts relating to the matters mentioned above and also providing legal support in relation to strategic alliances and acquisitions.
- Identifying when external legal advise is needed and contacting appropriate outside counsel.
- Identifying other regulatory issues as well as for data protection and liasing with the internal legal division when necessary.
What my client is after:
- Qualified lawyer with previous experience in a legal environment (ideally mid to senior level PQE experience or comparable experience). We will consider candidates who have qualified in other jurisdictions.
- Previous substantial and demonstrable data protection subject matter expert experience.
- Requires competent understanding of relevant laws including the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Demonstrable experience at a recognised company and in-house environment ideal.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.