Senior Privacy Counsel- Digital Marketing Company
We are working with a world-renowned media, digital marketing and communications company. They are looking for a Global Senior Privacy Counsel to join their dynamic team, they are headquartered in London and are offering flexible working. This role is a great opportunity to tackle some of the most challenging data protection issues arising from cutting-edge uses of data in a fast-paced environment.
- Be at the forefront of advising on and embedding privacy protections and considerations into new and existing global products, as well as advising on ways to minimise privacy risks both for us and our clients when taking these products to market.
- Act as an escalation point for other members of the legal team on challenging data protection and privacy matters.
- Collaborate effectively with teams across the business, including the global data protection office and regional and local legal teams, to help implement and improve the global data protection legal and compliance program including through the creation of globally led standards and guidance.
- Monitor and respond to developments in data protection and information security, including new laws, regulations, key judgements, regulatory guidance etc.
- Advocate the ‘value add’ of privacy advice and support across the company, including through conducting training, distribution of globally led thought leadership and more general awareness-raising exercises.
- Advise and support on the negotiation of data protection issues within commercial contracts.
- A qualified lawyer, with at least 4 years’ PQE
- A data protection lawyer with deep experience and knowledge of applicable laws and best practices.
- Experience advising on emerging technologies within advertising, media and marketing would be advantageous.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.