about 1 year ago
Your New Company
Our client is an international award-winning design studio in architecture, interiors and graphics design. They have significant presence in Hong Kong, Malayia, Singapore and London, with strong partnerships with world's leading property developers, owners and operators. Our client is currently looking for a Senior Paralegal to join their business in Hong Kong. This will be a one-man band position and you would directly report to the co-founder / management.
Your New Role
- Drafting, reviewing and revising all aspect of agreements including non-disclosure agreements, design service agreements, sub-consultancy agreements, tender submission, memorandum of understanding, and other commercial legal documents;
- Negotiating contracts with clients and sub-consultants;
- Handling breach of contracts in a timely manner;
- Conducting legal research to ensure contracts are updated and in compliance with laws;
- Keeping awareness on updated legal cases in relation to the industry including IP right, breach of contracts, professional indemnity insurance;
- Liaising with project directors/senior architectures to analyze and determine comprehensive contract terms;
- Designing standardized language and guidelines for contracts;
- Providing legal support and advices on all aspects;
- Responding to queries on legal issues from other project team and detect legal risks;
- Liaising with outside legal counsels to manage different commercial matters;
- Handling ad hoc matters as required.
What you will need to succeed
- Degree holder in Legal (LLB);
- With at least 6 years of experience gained in law firm or in-house;
- Be proficient in both written and spoken English, Chinese (both simplified and traditional) & Mandarin;
- Strong communication skills, Detailed-minded, self-motivated, good team player with interpersonal skill
What you will get in return
You will be offered with the chance the work closely with the business. The client offers attractive salary package and benefits to the ideal candidate.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.