Senior Market Risk Analyst
Senior Market Risk Analyst | London | Up to £60,000 Plus Bonus and Benefits
Taylor Root have partnered with a global financial services platform in search for a Senior Market Risk analyst to join the Market Risk team.
The organisation provides essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in commodities, energy, and financial markets.
The successful candidate will have 2-3 years’ experience in a market risk analyst role / quantitative analyst position.
Some of the duties include:
- Real time monitoring of client / firm positions, account balance and P&L to ensure adherence to pre-defined risk parameters.
- Proactive management of client / firm accounts in excess of pre-defined risk parameters or experiencing trading losses to bring within parameters and/ or protect the firm’s capital. Actions may include prompt communication with clients on risk parameters breached, escalation to senior management within Risk and the business.
- Daily reporting of key risk issues to both Risk and Business Management, including escalation where required.
- Daily risk analysis on client positions including VaR, Sensitivity Analysis & Stress Testing.
- Production of daily and periodic risk reports and distribution to relevant stakeholders.
- Margin & collateral adequacy analysis and margin requirement reconciliation between internal systems.
- Liquidity analysis of client / firm portfolios and of individual underlying positions in relation to market depth.
- Responsibility for daily procedures.
- Analysis and approval of Give-Ins, trade transfers and client payments.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to risk policies & procedures at all times and escalation of potential issues.
- Delivering on allocated projects and system development items as well as proactively engaging on risk or control improvement ideas with the wider team.
- Responsible for managing, mentoring, and training direct reports.
- Ensuring London risk team is adequately staffed to cover various markets and global trading hours. Team members holiday management.
- To effectively communicate risk management principles to internal stakeholders and external clients/ counterparties. Escalate issues appropriately to direct manager.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- A strong quantitative background gained in education and/ or in a professional setting with particular focus on options pricing & hedging as well as exposure to risk management concepts, particularly VaR, Sensitivities & Stress Testing. Candidates will be required to demonstrate understanding.
- A strong risk management background with experience of multiple asset classes and a proven interest in markets (exchanges)
- A good understanding of financial markets gained in a Brokerage or Banking institution from either the Risk Management or Trading sides. Experience of risk managing Exchange Traded Futures & Options.
- Composure, character and presence to work effectively in challenging market conditions to instil required level of authority on any situation.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all areas of the firm and communicate effectively across all levels.
- Good understanding of processes, controls and responsibilities associated with a Financial Markets business.
- Candidates with a strong programming skillset preferred (C+, SQL, Python, Matlab)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, high level VBA skills within Excel.
- Relevant professional designation desirable.
Please do reach out to me directly to find out more: email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.