Senior Legal Director, APAC
Our client is a US based international real estate investment management firm and is looking for a senior legal director to provide transactional legal support in the APAC region.
The Legal Director will be working closely with the Global Legal team focusing on fund, joint venture and other investment vehicle formation transactions. The work will also include establishing and implementing best practices within the legal and regulatory area to support the execution of the business.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on transactional activities related to proposed investment management vehicle formations, including commingled investment funds, club deals and joint venture transactions.
- Oversee related transactional work, including mergers & acquisitions, real estate acquisitions and dispositions, financings, debt investments, development transactions and property-level operational matters.
- Spearhead structuring efforts for new investment management vehicles, including actively coordinating with Portfolio Management, Investor Relations, Tax, Finance and Compliance colleagues to propose practical solutions.
- Possess a legal degree and qualification to practise in Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong or UK
- At least 10 years’ of experience in a top tier law firm and in-house legal department for a PE/Investment management firm.
- Experience with a real estate investment manager and/or vertically integrated investment manager strongly preferred.
- Excellent legal drafting skills, including attention to detail.
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.