10 months ago
In 1957, the McCain brothers founded McCain in their hometown of Florenceville, New Brunswick, Canada. Pioneers of the frozen French fry industry, McCain grew rapidly into the world's largest manufacturer of frozen potato products. Today McCain is still family owned, with a turnover of over CDN$ 10 billion, employing approximately 24.000 people and operating 53 production facilities on 6 continents.
McCain Continental Europe, including 'Lutosa', 'Ad van Geloven' and CêlaVita (chilled potato products) companies, is active in Retail, Foodservice, Industry and Quick Service Restaurant segments. It sells both branded and private label products. While primarily a potato manufacturer, this business unit also produces other quality products such as snacks and appetizers.
In The Netherlands, McCain Foods Holland has two potato production facilities, one in Lelystad and the other one in Lewedorp. These two sites employs in total 465 people. CêlaVita has one potato production facility in Wezep and employs 260 people. Ad van Geloven has production facilities in Tilburg, Helmond, Maastricht (all in NL) and Mol (B.) and employs around 1300 people.
As a Legal Counsel for the Dutch market, you will be a part of the McCain Continental Europe, MENA and Russia legal team.
About the position:
* Serve as a strategic business partner and build strong relationships with senior leaders in The Netherlands; anticipate issues, estimate risks, and identify proactive solutions to mitigate risk
* Provide advice and assistance with respect to strategic initiatives, including mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions
* Provide day-to-day legal advice to address broad legal needs of Internal McCain clients, including partnering meaningfully with many of our business units
* Assist with commercial contract matters with the goal of assisting business partners to achieve their objectives while identifying and mitigating risks, including preparing, reviewing and negotiating agreements with customers, suppliers, service providers and other third parties
* Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs, and provide training and mentoring with respect to such policies etc., including McCain's legal compliance programs (e.g. antitrust, anti-corruption, privacy, record retention, competition)
* Work collaboratively with McCain lawyers in other regions in many aspects of daily work
* Manage external counsel relationships, including ensuring appropriate external counsel selection and excellent work quality
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years' of broad experience, with an emphasis on corporate/commercial, ideally gained from both private practice and in-house roles. Experience in the international manufacturing or food sector is desirable. We are also looking for candidates with the following attributes:
* Qualified as a Dutch lawyer, preferably with a Master degree in commercial- or corporate law
* Excellent management and leadership skills, and ability to build strong relationships and collaborate across the organization
* Ability to contribute at a strategic level and a pro-active approach to risk management
* Ability to adapt to an evolving environment and work under pressure, balancing multiple projects and prioritizing workload in a fast-paced setting
* Excellent skills in drafting and editing legal documents
* Superior organizational and problem solving skills
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.