Amsterdam, North Holland
3 months ago
For Tencent- the world's-leading video game, internet and technology company - we are currently looking for a (Senior) Legal Counsel Gaming to be based at their European Headquarters in Amsterdam.
Tencent is expanding internationally and is looking for dynamic and well-rounded (Senior) Legal Counsel to be a key member of a newly formed team focused on Tencent Games' international business.
About the role:
As (Senior) Legal Counsel, you will have a ground level opportunity to support international and domestic game studios in game development, advise game publishing groups as they operate in various territories, and be responsible for various international issues.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Provide advice on a wide range of legal and business matters in the areas of development, licensing, technology, operations, marketing, policy, governance, and publishing.
- Draft and negotiate complex international licensing agreements, distribution agreements, professional services agreements, content development agreements, and other general commercial agreements.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of policies, forms, trainings, and processes to ensure operational efficiency and compliance with US, European, and other international laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with external counsel and other Tencent attorneys based around the world, including in mainland China, Hong Kong, EU, and the US.
- Develop creative solutions to support business needs while mitigating risk in a constantly evolving industry.
- European Master's degree in law;
- At least 3 - 10 years of similar relevant experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department,
providing services to video game, technology, entertainment, or similar clients.
- Specialized knowledge of IP, IT and commercial contracts.
- Excellent communication skills in English, other European languages and Mandarin will be considered a plus.\
- Love videogames.
For more information or to apply, please contact Inge Pieters via email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: PR/206901
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.