Senior Legal Counsel – Funds
This is a rare opportunity to join a well-regarded international funds business, headquartered in Europe with billions in assets under management in a newly created role where you will have lots of autonomy and the opportunity to gain regional exposure managing funds in Hong Kong, China as well as Australia.
You will be a senior funds management lawyer with at least 7 years’ experience from time spent in either private practice or in-house.
- Work as a key stakeholder in advising on laws and regulations relevant to investment management, trade execution, managing legal risk across APAC.
- Advice on regulatory, distribution and client issues in respect of investment products and services
- Assist with regional product formation, maintenance, and registration.
- Work closely with the Sales team and provide significant input with regards to negotiating distribution agreements and developing regional products.
- Build strong relationships with external counsels across APAC and regional regulators.
- Provide corporate legal support to the businesses various entities in APAC including in relation to entity formation, drafting governance documents, and resolutions, and reviewing corporate agreements.
- Advise on regional data protection matters.
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Australia or New Zealand
- Solid experience in funds management and financial services legal and regulatory
- Experience in written Chinese and Mandarin would be a bonus, but is not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with people at all levels in the business
- Ability to work well as part of a team in a dynamic, fast paced environment
If you are interested in having a confidential discussion about this position, please call Olivia Courtney on 0292369015 or email email@example.com
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.