Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
9 months ago
SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL, CORPORATE AND TRANSACTIONAL BANKING, ABU DHABI
CLIENT: This international standard bank is expanding rapidly and the legal team is firmly in growth mode. They have a need to be supported in their corporate and transactional banking team with an additional hire.
ROLE: You will work with a small and focussed team with strong background lawyers around you, operating across multiple jurisdictions. The main areas you would support will cover global transaction banking agreements, trade finance, structured, cash management as well as standard commercial agreements.
CANDIDATE: There are some key criteria to take into consideration before applying:
- Ideally common law or western jurisdiction qualified, with distinct experience from a premier financial market.
- Top tier international private practice or in-house banking / financial services exposure from a recognised institution.
- Broad finance work covering transaction, trade and structured.
- Ability and inclination to pick up other departmental commercial contracts work.
- The client is happy to consider lawyers from overseas, and whilst regional experience is preferred, it is not essential at all.
In a market where banking and finance roles are rare, this is a fantastic opportunity for a strong transactional lawyer to move out of private practice and establish yourself in-house, or to move laterally from a different jurisdiction market.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.