New York, USA
about 1 year ago
Our client is a disruptive mobile data and advertising technology scale-up who are growing fast and are already profitable. Their mission is to make mobile data work for everyone, by delivering unrivalled monetization, ad targeting, and analytics tools for businesses, advertisers, and publishers.
They are now looking to appoint a mid-level/senior lawyer to join their global in-house Legal Department. This will be the first lawyer in their New York office and will be responsible for the provision of legal support to all business lines within the company, primarily in North America. This is a role with a high level of autonomy and direct daily interaction with business. The Senior Legal Counsel must always be prepared to roll up their sleeves and work well with a fast-growing sales team.In this role you will: be responsible for the provision of legal advice to all business lines in North America, including but not limited to:
- Counselling and supporting business and technology teams on legal issues in connection with the development of products, platforms, services and other initiatives involving the collection and use of consumer data, including business intelligence, advanced advertising, programmatic advertising, customer experience, and related business and technology initiatives
- Strategically advising the business and providing support on significant events such as orchestrating acquisitions, option schemes, fundraising, expansion, IPOs and other company initiatives from end to end
- Negotiating and drafting publisher agreements, master services agreements, media purchase agreements, data processing addendums, non-disclosure agreements and other commercial agreements with customers
- Being responsible for monitoring North American legislative changes and judicial/regulatory activity which may impact business initiatives and objectives
- Advising the business on privacy matters, including how to provide services to clients in accordance with applicable data protection laws, including CCPA, COPA and relevant European legislation
- Advising the business on day-to-day operational matters to ensure all services are provided in accordance with applicable laws, and ensuring matters are escalated to senior management where appropriate
- Managing disputes that arise within North America, and liaising with external counsel where appropriate
- Working alongside the Head of Legal, EMEA to implement compliance policies, procedures and training as well as conflicts management and overseeing internal risk management processes and procedures
- Dealing with Human Resources' legal requirements, including employment contracts, terminations, litigation and general employment related issues
- Strong academic background with 4-6 years experience, preferably both at a law firm and in-house
- NY qualified, with a qualification in another jurisdiction a plus
- A legal background with exposure to digital, advertising and/or ad tech work
- Deep knowledge and experience of New York and US law
- Experience and interest in the privacy field
- Exposure to corporate initiatives such as option schemes, acquisitions, fundraising, debt, IPOs etc.
- Involvement in registering and establishing legal entities and operations in various territories, with experience working on an international level
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.