Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
26 days ago
- Advise on matters include rendering of legal advice to Audit, Tax, Legal and Advisory service lines on issues related to the work which they do for their clients;
- Review, advise and draft a variety of complex client services contracts and corresponding documents for clients and third parties (including suppliers and subcontractors), with elements of policy compliance, business objective achievement, etc.
- Prepare and formulate legal document templates relating to all client services matters, including multi-firm engagements, global master services agreements and giving support on other client contracting issues such as technology contracts and alliances / partnering matters;
- Negotiate contracts with external parties according to Firm's Policy.
- Provide strategic and technical legal input and ensure timely response to all stakeholders of the Firm.
- Manage legal matters independently with minimal supervision and, if needed, with the assistance of relevant specialists and other in-house and/or outside counsel.
- Ensure maximum protection of the group's legal rights and handles the Firm's internal investigations relating to our staff;
- Liaises with external law firms, on behalf of the relevant function, to obtain legal advice where needed
- Give support to the Corporate subunit from time to time on their provision of legal support and contract review, including advise on all non-client-related issues such as procurement, marketing, infrastructure.
- Give support to the Practice Protection subunit of the OGC from time to time on their management of regulatory investigations and compliance matters include handling of claims, circumstances, questions from regulatory authorities and practice matters and their liaisons with regulatory authorities, professional firms and statutory compliance functions.
- Hold legal qualification from Hong Kong or other Common Law or Commonwealth Jurisdiction with at least 10 years of experiences either from leading international law firm or multinational corporations, with a strong for candidates coming from professional service industry or B to B businesses
- Graduate of renowned first tier universities with multiple higher degrees a plus
- Proven ability to communicate with various functions and across grades
- Capability and mind set to work cross functional with strong leadership skills and teamwork mentality.
- Strong ability of problem solving, advocacy and negotiation.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (fluent Mandarin and English is a must)
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.