6 months ago
An opportunity has arisen at an exciting renewables start-up founded by two major global companies, having recently secured considerable future funding. Created to invest, develop, and operate renewable energy generation and supply power to major users, they have just entered a huge growth phase and are now looking to expand their global legal function.
About the role:
As a (Senior) Legal Counsel you will be based at the German HQ in Frankfurt am Main and report into the Chief Legal Officer who is based in London. You will work closely with the management and provide vital legal support to the German businesses commercial operations as they continue to deliver a considerable development pipeline. You may also be involved in operations in The Netherlands. This is an opportunity for a well-rounded energy/infrastructure lawyer, ideally with renewables experience. Specific experience in the field of construction and operational aspects (EPC/PPA) will be considered as an advantage.
Subject to performance, this role will offer an exciting progression path, with an opportunity to become the Regional General Counsel as the team continues to grow.
- Qualification as a lawyer in Germany (admission to the German bar)
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in a reputable law firm or as an in-house counsel in a relevant industry;
- Renewable Energy experience is beneficial;
- An effective operator, confident in providing prompt and commercially focused advice in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in commercial contracts and strong transaction skills;
- Fluency in German and English, Dutch language skills would be an advantage;
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an external recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.