about 1 year ago
Reporting to the Head of Legal, this senior role is responsible for the successful and timely negotiation of commercial contracts and related legal support to this leading recruitment and human resources business.
The successful candidate will be the legal business partner for the sales function, supporting the business through the tender process, contract negotiation and implementation for material new client wins and extensions.
Key competencies and experience required:
● extensive commercial contracts experience in a 'supplier' organisation, with and without supervision;
● solid understanding of outsourcing, procurement, supply chain contracting, and engagement of contingent workers;
● RFP/sales support in competitive tender situations with limited opportunity to negotiate;
● ability to articulate legal concepts and risk in terms which will be understood and embraced by clients and key stakeholders;
● self-starter, with the initiative to proactively tackle inefficient process and poor behaviours;
● confidence and vision to challenge the status quo, and to speak out to tackle 'group-think';
● comfortable with taking risk-based contracting decisions, exercising discretion and creativity where required;
● commitment to excellence, integrity and maintenance of standards - a role model for the team and for the business who is able to exemplify the approach that they expect their colleagues to adopt;
● self-awareness, and the ability to connect to persuade others of a particular point of view they may not otherwise be willing to accept;
● a strong work ethic and a desire to win;
● calm under pressure;
● coachable, with the mindset to embrace direct feedback and strong personalities;
● excellent workload management, with the ability to manage expectations and the confidence to say 'no' when required;
● willingness to embrace the opportunities presented by the role, with a desire to develop skills and expertise outside of their comfort zone;
● recruitment or other service industry experience;
● understanding of the dynamics of working in a medium to large international company;
● previous business partner relationships;
● project management skills or qualifications, or experience as key stakeholder in cross functional projects;
For further information about this position please apply.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.