Sydney, New South Wales
about 1 year ago
A legal career expanding opportunity to join a building and construction business dedicated to delivering construction projects across a range of sectors.
This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced Senior Legal Counsel with front end construction experience. Strong career progression opportunities to join the legal team in Sydney. This leading business is looking for a construction lawyer to support key stakeholders on a range of projects.
You will have a minimum of 10+ years post-admission experience as a front end construction lawyer gained in private practice and ideally in-house. You will provide advice and support to relevant senior stakeholders. You will possess the ability to identify business risk in a variety of commercial situations. Your communication skills will be exceptional.
As a Senior Construction Lawyer, you will report to the Head of Legal and work closely with the rest of the team.
- You will advise, draft and negotiate on a range of predominantly construction contracts, as well as acquisition of land, procurement contracts, operating agreements, customer contracts, RFPs, and supplier equipment contracts.
- You will provide timely advice and guidance to the business on strategic projects, and assist with board papers in relation to such projects.
- 10 years + post qualification experience, ideally made up of private practice and in-house experience (whether permanent role or on secondment).
- Experience in the building and construction industry.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate complex concepts clearly.
- Excellent legal drafting skills - ability to draft, review and negotiate contracts.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV to email@example.com or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of the The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.