Sydney, New South Wales
over 1 year ago
A legal career expanding opportunity to join a major global construction and infrastructure business dedicated to delivering some of the world's most ambitious and largest infrastructure projects across a range of sectors.
This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced Senior Legal Counsel to work in a major project environment with construction disputes experience. Strong career progression opportunities to join the legal project team in Sydney. This international leader is looking for a construction/infrastructure disputes lawyer to support key stakeholders on a range of large-scale projects work.
You will have a minimum of 10+ years post-admission experience as a construction and infrastructure disputes lawyer gained in private practice and ideally in-house. You will provide advice and support to relevant senior stakeholders. You will possess the ability to identify business risk in a variety of commercial situations. Your communication skills will be exceptional.
- Provide legal advice and assistance in conducting claims or defence of claims.
- Analysis of contractual insurance and other relevant legal rights and obligations.
- Review of documentary evidence and interview witnesses, where necessary taking statements.
- Attend negotiation meetings and other forums for resolving disputes.
- Drafting submissions and settlement agreements to expert determiner/arbitrator.
- Instruct external solicitors and counsel.
- 10 years + post qualification experience, ideally made up of private practice and in-house experience (whether permanent role or on secondment).
- Experience of personally conducting or managing construction disputes subject to litigation, arbitration, adjudication, etc. from the outset to conclusion.
- Knowledge of construction industry practices, including procurement methodology, risk profile norms, standard form contract provisions.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate complex concepts clearly
- Excellent legal drafting skills - ability to draft contracts, notices, pleadings, submissions, statements, affidavits, correspondence.
- Verbal reasoning skills - ability to interpret the precise meaning of written documents such as contracts, legislation, case decisions.
- Risk assessment and risk mitigation skills - ability to identify risks/issues and offer practical commercially appropriate solutions to manage/ mitigate risks.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV to email@example.com or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of the The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.