Sydney, New South Wales
about 1 year ago
A legal career propelling opportunity to join a major global construction and engineering business dedicated to delivering some of the world's most ambitious projects across building, civil and energy markets.
A rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Legal Counsel to work in a major project environment with construction and commercial experience. Strong career progression opportunities to join the legal project team in Sydney. This international leader is looking for a construction/projects lawyer to support a range of key stakeholders on this major project.
You will be a construction/projects lawyer with strong negotiation and advisory experience, giving advice and support to relevant senior stakeholders. You will have gained at least 8 years' experience in a major construction/projects team in a top-tier or mid-tier law firm and ideally you will have gained subsequent in-house legal experience where you will have been a key point of contact for legal advice on both contentious and non-contentious matters. You will possess the ability to identify business risk in a variety of commercial situations. Your communication skills will be exceptional.
- Management of a variety of disputes within a major project and construction environment.
- Drafting and negotiation of all supply agreements, subcontracts, consultancy agreements and a range of other supply chain arrangements.
- Addressing stakeholder complaints escalated to the legal team.
- Managing and advising the project team on environmental, planning and safety issues.
- Dispute resolution.
- Significant front end and back end experience in the Australian market with a minimum of 8 years post-admission experience.
- A calm, approachable, pragmatic and professional manner to draw support and cooperation with JV partners.
- Quality experience (in private practice and in house).
- An ability to understand the bigger picture and to prioritise and provide pragmatic and timely legal advice within a complex commercial and operational setting.
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
- Advanced negotiation and drafting skills.
- An understanding of issues relevant to construction, including construction and engineering processes, WH&S, insurances.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV (in word format) to email@example.com or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.