"Scentre Group is seeking an experienced commercial lawyer to join our successful and established in-house team."
- In-house senior legal role
- Industry-leading, dynamic business
- General corporate commercial focus across the Group
- Suits a person seeking to be a trusted adviser and valued stakeholder
Every day Scentre Group is redefining the fashion, food, entertainment and leisure experience for shoppers and retailers.
We're the meeting place for communities, and our teams are ready to make their mark in the inspiring and ever-changing world of retail.
An opportunity exists for a general commercial lawyer to join the high-performing legal team in a diverse, interesting and challenging in-house legal role which offers substantial responsibility and opportunity
Your role and responsibilities would include:
- Providing support and strategic advice to the Group on various areas of law including: digital / technology, retail tenancy, workplace health and safety, design and construction, privacy, intellectual property, competition and consumer issues and compliance with various other regulatory requirements
- Providing general commercial advice on business initiatives / contractual arrangements including drafting consultancy agreements, service and supply contracts, and sponsorship agreements
- Litigation and disputes (with focus on competition and consumer law issues, retail tenancy matters and contractual disputes) including working with external legal counsel to manage settlement outcomes
- Human Resources / employment law - basic advice, policy review and drafting
- Assist in provision of information and training seminars to ensure legal compliance and to improve overall business processes
What will set you apart from the rest?
- be a passionate, dynamic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a high performing environment
- be an Australian qualified lawyer (6+ years PQE) with solid general commercial experience from a combination of a top-tier or large mid-tier firm and in-house experience
- have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide concise, practical legal advice to senior stakeholders (both internal and external)
- be an experienced drafter who is capable of managing, negotiating and documenting a variety of contractual arrangements
- be organised and able to prioritise and deliver on numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure and will be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Competitive benefits including volunteer days to work with our charity partners as well health and wellbeing discounts
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.