£70000 - £80000 per annum + bonus, benefits, pension
PCH - Developer_1603117829
11 months ago
My client, a top tier financial services institution is looking for a Senior Java and Scala Developer to join their team. This is a permanent role based in London.
This role will be part of the application development team responsible for providing java application and reporting solution for equity and derivatives markets.
What you will be doing:
- Report into the Development Manager, and analyse requirement, code, and test, deploy and maintain multiple Java and Scala applications.
- Be able to work with the developer manager with the design, performance, development and maintenance of the Java or Scala applications.
- Builds upon and maintains local relationships with the Business and other Product with regards to Strategy, Vision, Roadmaps, Business Requirements, etc.
- Progresses the Change Management process for Java Application
- Helps the Quantitative Analytics team to design, build and execute appropriate test suites.
- Works with users to train them, coordinating the test and acceptance of the final system solution (UAT)
- Gets the technology platform changes deployed into production (working with internal Technology Project Managers and teams who physically manage the environments and perform releases etc)
- 2nd/3rd line production support (issue investigation and analysis, evaluation of priority with business)
What we are looking for:
- Java 8 developer with at least 10 years' experience in design, performance tuning, development experience with Java application. Ideally with a focus on performance, multi-threading, concurrency, low latency systems.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in Scala and Sparks.
- An exceptional communicator, who can interact with key business stakeholders at all levels (including executive management), will be a good listener, respectful of other people's ideas and able to understand both detailed requirements and the high-level strategy.
- AWS working experience is important
- Extensive experience and understanding of distributed systems, developing, profiling and maintaining multi-threaded/asynchronous applications.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting will be advantage.
- Good knowledge of Oracle Database, knowledge of PL/SQL or SQL skills.
- Expert practitioner of test-driven development, agile methodologies and clean code programming.
- Configuring CI software for automated testing and deployment of code.
- Good understanding of Equity and Derivatives Trading.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving (Requirements analysis, documentation, specification, testing)
- Agile, Waterfall and full SDLC experience.
- Extensive use of Jira/Scrum/Kanban in an Agile environment.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.