Senior Financial Crime Manager
We have a current opportunity for a Senior Financial Crime Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in London. For further information about this position please apply.
- Providing advice and regulatory guidance on the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing (AML) to the investment banking business, specifically the Investment Banking UK team, as well as the Wealth and Asset Management UK team.
- Conducting AML monitoring activities – including ad hoc investigations, as required – as part of the firm’s anti-financial crime compliance monitoring programme.
- Developing and maintaining a proactive relationship with the front office.
- Assisting in the implementation and updating of policies and procedures relevant to the London branch.
- Organising and conducting individual and team training sessions.
- Keeping up to date with UK anti-money laundering regulation/applicable laws to the London branch and changes to UK regulation in relation to anti-financial crime, UK sanctions regimes and terrorist financing laws.
- Working closely with Group Compliance team members across Europe.
Qualifications and skills:
- Professional experience in an AML Compliance role or comparable position (5+ years), preferably in an internationally operating firm.
- Sound knowledge of customer due diligence requirements (“Know your customer”) in the financial sector.
- Knowledge of Investment Banking (e.g. initial public offerings, corporate broking services, AIM rules, nominated adviser services).
- Experience in Equity Capital Markets (ECM)/Investment Banking advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of UK and European AML regulation, procedures, and processes to be applied (particularly UK JMLSG)
- Broad, analytical, and strategic thinking.
- Interest in process improvement to drive business performance.
- Ability to work well in a cross-border team and independently, using own initiative.
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure environment, with strong prioritising skills.
- Hands-on attitude, with a flexible and proactive approach.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Communicative team player with willingness for limited travelling.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.