City of London, London
about 1 year ago
Fantastic opportunity to work as a senior financial crime lawyer at a global bank. My client is looking to hire a subject matter expert on financial crime legislation and regulation. This is a permanent role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of transactional advice in all areas of economic crime, with a particular focus on the money laundering and sanctions regimes and will also engage and oversee external law firms in supporting them when giving certain legal advice, in particular on US sanctions regimes.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- ensure the delivery of high quality and pragmatic legal advice to the business concerning financial crime, sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption;
- deliver effective training to the business and advice on best practice in light of evolving legal and regulatory environment;
- ensure appropriate reporting to relevant regulators and government agencies;
- manage investigations;
- influence policymakers; and
- manage external lawyers and other advisors.
If you are a senior lawyer who practices in the financial crime space and specialises in sanctions and AML, I would be very keen to hear from you whether you are working at a leading law firm or a financial services company.
***Please note in line with my client's hiring criteria, I will only be considering applications from candidates who are qualified solicitors or barristers.***
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.