Mega project Commercial Leadership Role - Senior Disputes Lawyer - permanent role, secondment to 5 Year Project
Rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced construction and commercial legal specialist with at least 8 years PQE to join the in-house legal team of an international leader in construction and civil engineering of major infrastructure and energy projects.
Bouygues Construction Australia is part of the Bouygues Construction Group - a global construction and civil engineering company dedicated to sharing innovations to create and deliver some of the world's most ambitious projects across the building, civil and energy & services markets. Active in over 80 countries and with annual sales of AUD17bn, Bouygues Construction employs more than 50,000 staff worldwide.
The Australian business is undergoing a period of exponential growth, following a run of successful PPP, D&C and EPC and O&M tenders in the major transport, renewable energy and building sectors. Bouygues is delivering the NorthConnex, Melbourne Metro and WestConnex projects and a number of large scale solar farms across Australia, and has recently acquired A W Edwards to deepen its building capability in the market.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced and energetic lawyer with significant experience advising projects on large and complex projects during set up and into delivery.
Your initial role would be located on the WestConnex M4-M5 Link project, in a commercial office building at Mascot. Bouygues has teamed up in joint venture with Samsung C&T and Lend Lease Engineering to deliver the M4-M5 Link project. That role will report to project Senior Legal Counsel, who sits with the project Steering Committee (with an ongoing functional reporting line to Bouygues GC).
Your initial role would involve effectively engaging with the stakeholders on the project to:
- guide and implement legal strategy regarding client-facing and downstream events as they arise
- protect the commercial interests of the contractor on the project by working closely with the commercial leadership to document time and cost claims in a technically disciplined, legally robust and commercially astute manner
- understand, develop and prosecute claims in the most efficient manner, assessed on a case by case basis
- test the existing commercial relationships to understand and exploit opportunities
Your professional and personal qualities will ideally include:
- significant back end experience in the Australian market, with relevant admissions
- a calm, professional manner to draw support and cooperation from various disciplines within the existing project team
- demonstrable experience in project advice and dispute resolution, preferably including familiarity with security of payment processes
- quality experience (in private practice and in house)
- an ability to understand the bigger picture and to prioritise and provide pragmatic and timely legal advice within a complex commercial and operational setting
- clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills
- advanced negotiation and claims drafting skills
- an understanding of issues relevant to construction, including construction and engineering processes, WH&S, insurances
- an ability to think and communicate calmly and rationally in a fast-paced environment
- alignment with our corporate commitments to health & safety, innovation and quality
To express your interest in this position please contact our exclusive recruitment partner Daniel Hogan at Taylor Root on 02 9236 9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Taylor Root for consideration.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.