Heem Hian Lim
11 months ago
The company is a leading player in the Hospitality industry, with Singapore being the regional hub in APAC. You will be responsible for managing the 5 sub-regions under APAC, and as part of the global Compliance team, you will play a critical role in leading and developing new initiatives/policies.
- Maintain and improve existing compliance policies and operations in APAC
- Monitor APAC's compliance risk and implement controls and mitogation plans where necessary
- Leading on all Third-Party Due Diligence, ABC, Fraud, Trade Sanctions, AML, Investigations and Data Privacy matters. You will be required to work with both internal teams and third-party business partners closely.
- Advice APAC businesses on data security and privacy impacts. This includes working with a third-party vendor on monitoring and updating relevant laws and regulations for the region, data mapping and data classification exercises
- Qualified lawyer with at least 13 years' PQE
- Prior experience as an in-house counsel, with significant exposure to Compliance and/or Data Privacy work in the APAC region
- Prior management experience and conversational mandarin capabilities would be strongly preferred
- Strong track record in business partnering and project management skills is required
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.