Senior Developer, Engineering
Who we are looking for
An experienced software engineer who will be individual contributor responsible for redesigning the current system to deliver a market leading solution front to back in OTC derivatives. The individual/s must have experience in developing derivatives trading and valuation systems. They will be working as part of the innovation team in an agile manner to first prototype then to productionize the various system enhancements working in conjunction with SMEs.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Developer you will
- Work with Product Owner to design and develop software solutions to meet market need and assist in managing the product backlog for their functional area
- Advise stakeholders on complex technical problems including specifying proper software designs and use of existing facilities to solve common problems
- Provide expert guidance and critical analysis of proposed changes during code reviews
What we value
- Experience in back-end technologies: Java, Python, and external facing API development
- Able to independently design specs
- Able to work on small to medium projects with little to no supervision and on more complex tasks with no oversight
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to work alone and in a collaborative team environment
- Experience developing event driven architectures
- Experience developing cloud native services on one the major cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud is a plus
- Experience in Angular or React is a plus
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.