£100000 - £140000 per annum
7 months ago
This international media organisation is looking for a Senior Data Privacy Counsel to join their team.
This role is a great opportunity for a trailblazing data privacy lawyer to tackle novel and challenging data protection and data privacy issues arising from cutting-edge applications of data in a fast-paced environment. As the leader of the data protection legal team globally, this role will provide strategic advice that helps drive data privacy compliance across global jurisdictions (145 countries!)
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, setting the data privacy legal strategy and priorities for the company, and drive adherence to the strategy through development and implementation of policies, standards, training, and other measures.
- Providing strategic advice to senior stakeholders, including executive-level boards and committees as well as product development teams, on data privacy legal matters to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and the protection of the organisation's commercial interests
- Partnering with senior leaders and commercial stakeholders to embed privacy protections into new and existing products, as well as advise on ways to minimize operational privacy risks.
- Establishing sound privacy legal positions across the global enterprise.
The successful candidate will be passionate about data privacy and will bring energy and enthusiasm to the role and will:
- Be a qualified solicitor in the UK
- Proven knowledge and experience in leading and managing complex data protection issues with knowledge of advertising tech, marketing tech and media
- Have 6 - 10 years' post-qualification experience in EU and US data protection law, and ideally some law firm experience.
This role can be based out of any of the organisations UK offices and they offer flexible and remote working options.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.