Senior Covenant Analyst – Hybrid
Our client is a global authority on bond and loan covenants, looking for a Senior Covenant Attorney to join their high yield bond intelligence team. The position is hybrid and can be based in New York, Chicago, Charlotte, or Denver. The role will involve writing research that is consumed by a broad spectrum of high yield market participants, including investment funds, law firms, and sell-side financial institutions. The ideal candidate is a seasoned high yield bond lawyer with the ability to deconstruct complex issues, or contract provisions, and summarize them in concise, but precise, language that is understandable by the most junior research analyst and sophisticated enough for the most senior law firm partner.
- Write research reports on high yield covenants, following a name from new insurance to bankruptcy
- Draft event-driven research and reports on special situations as they develop in the market
- Meet tight deadlines for publication
- Write research for their growing library of covenant primers, targeted at subscribers
- Engage with subscribers as they seek clarification on research and discuss potential transactions
- Write market leading reports that set the conversation on new trends and market developments
- Establish credibility in the market as a subject matter expert on high yield indentures
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 6+ years of Big Law experience in leveraged finance
- Deep understanding of the leveraged finance market and how covenants and financial definitions work in leveraged finance documents
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and reviewing leveraged finance documentation, including credit agreements and indentures
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.