(Senior) Compliance Counsel
For our client, Fugro, we are looking for a (Senior) Compliance Counsel to join the Legal & Compliance department at their global headquarters in Leidschendam. Fugro is the world’s leading Geo-data specialist, collecting and analysing comprehensive information about the Earth and the structures built upon it. Adopting an integrated approach that incorporates acquisition and analysis of Geo-data and related advice, Fugro provides solutions. With expertise in site characterisation and asset integrity, clients are supported in the safe, sustainable and efficient design, construction and operation of their assets throughout the full life cycle.
Employing approximately 11.500 talented people in 61 countries, Fugro serves clients around the globe, predominantly in the energy and infrastructure industries, both offshore and onshore. In 2022, revenue amounted to EUR 1.8 billion. Fugro is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
About the role:
Reporting to the Global Compliance Manager, you will advise on a large variety of compliance related topics such as Regulatory, Ethics, Code of Conduct, Data Privacy and Sanctions. Together with the Global Compliance Manager you will further shape and build the compliance function and ensure adherence to regulatory obligations and legal requirements.
As part of day-to-day business, you will be involved, both strategically and operationally, in various global compliance initiatives – such as updating / developing compliance policies and training materials and performance of risk assessments (including sanctions). Furthermore, you will act as centre of expertise in compliance issues and advise employees and business lines within Fugro.
Last but not least, you will promote a culture which encourages compliance and business integrity, and you will provide training sessions to the business.
– An understanding of the regulatory environment in which a global organisation operates;
– An understanding of data protection law is preferred, but not required.
– A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience;
– A pro-active and collaborative mindset’;
– Proven experience of developing processes and writing reports to a high standard;
– Thorough planning and organisational skills;
– Strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mind;
– Ability to prioritise workloads effectively;
– Ability to work well independently and as well as part of a global team;
– Good risk based judgement skills including the ability to assess compliance risks appropriately with commercial needs;
– Fluent in (written & spoken) English;
– Sporadic International travel may be required.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.