£110000 - £140000 per annum
8 months ago
This leading global law firm is looking for a 4+ PQE Senior Associate to join their Shareholding Disclosure team in London.
The role involves assisting with maintaining and developing the existing Rulefinder Shareholding Disclosure product (SD) which covers rules relating to the disclosure of substantial shareholdings, short selling, sensitive industries (foreign investor and sector limits), takeovers and issuer requests
Responsibilities will include:
- Commissioning and negotiating new content - this involves negotiating and agreeing legal opinions from counsel in multiple jurisdictions, analysing those opinions and summarising key issues in reports. The ability to reduce long and complex narratives into concise, accurate, consistent summaries is essential.
- Updating the legal content of existing products. Update periods can be busy. Deadlines for updating and issuing new content are critical.
- Monitoring for legal changes and drafting alerts for subscribers.
- Supporting marketing activities and providing support and training to existing subscribers
Key requirements for this role
- At least 4 years PQE.
- Top tier law firm experience. .
- Strong technical, analytical and report/opinion drafting skills together with excellent attention to detail required.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to become an expert in unfamiliar areas of law.
- Able to demonstrate experience of meeting the requirements of highly demanding banking/financial service and asset management clients.
- Experience in international/cross border work preferred
The position would appeal to an experienced lawyer wishing to continue to work at a level of service which produces top quality work for demanding clients but without the unpredictability of transactional work. Part-time work (4 days per week) will also be considered.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.