My client a global Telecommunications and Media Group seek a Security and Privacy Counsel to be based in London. Reporting in to the Legal Director of Privacy and working in a team of 5 you will have responsibility for the following;
- Assist with the management of Global Legal Security issues for on cyber security, data protection, privacy, interception, human rights, risk and the law of the internet.
- To provide legal advice on the Investigatory Powers Act 2016, Intelligence Services Act 1994, EU draft Regulation on Terrorist Content, the EU Directive on the security of Network and Information Systems (NIS Directive);the NIS Regulations 2018; EU Cyber Security Act
- To provide commercial legal advice on privacy and data protection matters to investigatory powers teams. This role will require security clearance and the ability to work with very sensitive subject matters and to balance legal, commercial and security risks appropriately.
- To provide legal advice for all investigatory powers activities and to help account manage this function. This involves using legal expertise to assess legal issues arising from retention/disclosure requests (or any other power under the IPA 2016) and ensuring the right contractual provisions are in place in commercial contracts.
Requirements for the role
- Qualified Lawyer with working knowledge of GDPR
- Good commercial background and negotiation skills
- Strong stakeholder management, ideally with experience of facing off to technical teams, InfoSec or CISO's
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.