Plus Bonus + Benefits
8 days ago
Risk Manager - Equity Derivatives | London | Up to £75,000 Base plus Bonus and Benefits
Are you a recent graduate looking to get into the Risk space?
Do you have a Master's Degree in Engineering or Finance?
Do you have knowledge of Equity Derivatives?
My client, a well-established and reputable firm within the Financial Services industry is looking for a Risk Manager / Risk Analyst to join the Market Risk Team.
This role would be a great opportunity for a recent master's graduate who is looking to kick start their career in the Market Risk space. This role is 2nd line Risk working collaboratively with the trading team and directly reporting and interacting with Senior Risk Manages.
The incumbent will be required to:
- Help to evolve the risk framework for the EMEA Equity Derivatives platform
- Analyse equity exotic risk profiles and convexities
- Run the market risk reporting processes and ensure timely and accurate reporting of all relevant risk metric
- Ensure all relevant risk metrics are monitored through the current reporting process
- Ensure all limit breaches are correctly tracked and reported
- Work with Trading desk to ensure adherence to bank risk appetite, including limits and compliance with limit framework
- Assist in the transition of risk reports to new technology platforms
- On request: prepare ecommendations & analysis for large transaction, new structured deals, and evolving risk dynamics of the books
Previous Experience / Requirements:
- Undergraduate / MSc. or equivalent in Mathematics/Statistics , Physics, or Engineering
- Advanced knowledge of equity option markets and primary risk drivers of those markets/products
- Experience working on a risk/trading desk at a financial company in a quantitative/programming role preferred
- Firm grounding in basic Risk Management principles: o Value-at-Risk measurement o Stress testing and scenario analysis o Greeks Sensitivity analysis
- Proficient in VBA/Python/SQL
- Strong communicator, collaborator, and team player
If this sounds of interest, please apply now. Alternatively, please email directly on email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.