Risk Analyst| London | £45,000 – £48,000 Base Plus bonus & Benefits
Taylor Root has partnered with a leading financial services firm in search for a Risk Analyst to join the companies fast pasted 1st Line Risk team. The team is responsible for 1st level risk management and risk reporting, including monitoring of all aspect of the run of the services. The team has global presence in Australia and the US. They also work closely with the change foundation improve the existing platform, applying a Continuous Improvement and automation approach to its process and control environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for a analyst to join an expanding Business Risk team, ensuring a high standard of adherence to all day to day duties set out by local and global management. The successful candidate will be reviewing accuracy of the risk model and requires strong data analysis skills. There are significant opportunities for exposure to senior management, the role would suit a highly motivated candidate with a strong interest in Risk Management and FX products. The role is also a highly visible across the company, working closely with broader Risk, Technology and the wider Business areas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Continuous monitoring of risk Review of risk methodologies include initial margin model, stress testing and margin addons.
- Ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of data sources, pricing methodologies and curve building
- Develop a strong understanding of margining and liability calculation
- Enhancement of daily processes and MI reporting using Tableau data visualisation.
- Carry out and take responsibility for all aspects of the day to day monitoring of the service, escalate any deviation from the schedule .
- Liaise with key stakeholders (both written and oral) to ensure member/client/matcher queries are resolved in a timely fashion and to a high standard
- Present issues and explanations to management (both written and oral)
- Demo key service functionality/offerings, as well as other member/client training requests
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our member and clients Assist handling queries with technology and middleware/SEF communities.
- Build strong relationship with 2nd Line Risk function.
- Proactively monitor the performance of the service and work with IT support on issue resolution, analyse business impact and communicate with clients.
- Use MS Excel / Python to streamline processes and implement tactical solutions to enhance the control framework
- Experience in Market Risk Management in investment bank, CCP or similar financial organisation an advantage
- Degree qualified in a Business, Financial or similar and relevant discipline or equivalent
- Basic understanding of FX product life cycle
- Basic understanding of Risk management techniques.
- Some knowledge of the FX OTC bilateral market
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem solving skills, with good attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships at all levels internally/externally
- Computational skills such as MS Excel VBA programming and Python experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proactive and driven
- Able to manage workload/priorities for themselves and the team, and ability to work to deadlines
- Comfortable being a key point of contact for senior management across departments and engage with Senior stakeholders
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.