Dublin, Republic of Ireland
about 2 months ago
A leading professional services firm in Ireland seek to appoint a risk and quantiative analyst into theri market leading risk advisory practice. Key responsibilities will include:
- Using statistical techniques and analytical methods to support the design, development, implementation, testing and validation of risk models;
- Documenting models, methodologies, analyses, and findings which is communicable to people from non-technical functions;
- Providing support to clients in assessing the governance, policies and frameworks in place over both quantitative and qualitative risk management for internal, regulatory and reporting purposes;
- Interpreting new regulatory requirements that pertain to quantitative risk management, including those specific to models, and advising clients of appropriate responses;
- Engaging with key client stakeholders to gain an understanding of risk practices in clients and how these compare to best practice;
- Assessing the quality of data underlying risk models and model calibration;
- Researching new and emerging regulatory topics and developing solutions to enable our clients to adapt to the changing regulatory environment.
Successful candidates will ideally have:
- At least 3 years + experience working in a quantitative analysis role, preferably within a risk management function;
- Good knowledge of statistical and data analysis software, e.g. SAS, R, Python, Matlab, Visual Basic;
- Familiarity with the mathematical methods used in credit risk modelling is an advantage;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to summarise and communicate complex topics to a variety of stakeholders;
- Familiarity with the regulatory requirements is strongly preferred;
- MSc in a quantitative discipline is preferred.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.