Regulatory lawyer (data protection)
We are working with a fast-growing Fintech Company, who are looking for a Regulatory Lawyer to join their team. The role can be based in either London or Peterborough and are offering hybrid working.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Regulatory Lawyer within the Legal, Risk and Compliance team, you will be required to provide general legal advice on regulatory matters with a heavy emphasis on data privacy, and support across the business at all levels on a wide range of cutting-edge initiatives to help deliver our business strategy.
In addition, you’ll play a key role in the management and development of the Legal Regulatory team which includes the Data Protection Office.
- A lawyer with general regulatory and data privacy experience gained in-house or in a reputable private practice firm, or with a desire to develop into data privacy (including artificial intelligence)
- Experience in providing data protection advice and guidance in relation to some or all the following:
- product development
- creation and decommissioning of data stores
- ePrivacy / digital marketing
- Data transfers (including controller to controller transfers and international)
- Data protection impact assessments
- Personal data security breaches and subsequent remediation
- Implementing data protection policies and procedures, including training
- Subject rights requests
- Up to date with emerging data protection and privacy regulation, case law and regulatory guidance
- Good communication skills, and particularly able to communicate complex legal issues in simple terms.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.