One of the world's leading banks is seeking a confident regulatory lawyer to join their regulatory developments team based in London.
The lawyer in this position will act in a 'big picture' capacity for regulatory change across the bank. The main focuses of the role would be:
- 'Horizon scanning' - Keeping abreast of upcoming regulatory change affecting the bank;
- Meeting with the regulators and public bodies implementing and monitoring these regulations to clarify any changes that will be required;
- Liaising with and directing different legal departments across the bank to implement regulatory change in practice.
This is a unique role which will allow a look at the bigger picture of regulatory change from an in-house perspective, whilst retaining a close relationship to the commercial side of the business. The successful candidate will therefore need to be able to demonstrate:
- clear regulatory experience in a Financial Services setting, for example MIFID, PSD II, or more general FCA/PRA experience;
- experience working at a top-tier law firm or financial services organisation;
- experience dealing with regulatory bodies;
- ideally, experience in large regulatory implementation projects.
If you are interested and would like to hear more, please apply online, or get in touch with Tom Evans at TomEvans@taylorroot.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.