City of London, London
£140000 - £200000 per annum
4 months ago
Elite global City law firm is seeking a Public M&A lawyer to cover maternity leave for 9 months initially.
The Global M&A and Corporate practice is prestigious and highly rated in the Legal 500.
You will handle:
Drafting of basic filings addressed to courts and authorities (Commercial Register, Cadastral Register, Trade Licensing Office)
Conducting brief or somewhat more complex research, or drafting of memoranda (search for judicature, commentaries to specific legal issues)
- Drafting of basic agreements (according to model documents), powers of attorney, draft resolutions of General Meetings, waivers of appeal, various statements
- Involvement in due diligence - analysis of agreements in data room and their subsequent description
- Communication with clients (via telephone, E-mail)
- Assisting clients with corporate establishment, registration, transformation, governance and liquidation
- Conducting research and analysis
- Drafting legal memoranda on broad range of topics arising under commercial law and corporate and labor law precedents
- Analysing corporate health of businesses prior to acquisition by clients
- Providing direct assistance to senior lawyers on matters arising in the course of day-to-day provision of legal services to leading international and domestic corporate clients
- Joining educational seminar and practice groups
- Drafting of all types of corporate documents required for organization of all types of companies or for adoption of changes to companies (e.g. change of business name, registered office, statutory body, etc.) and subsequent registration thereof in Commercial Register (i.e. powers of attorney, statements, decisions, simple draft agreements), drafting of motions for entry of changes in entries of companies in Commercial Register, completion of schedules to such motions
- Communicating with foreign authorities, preparing forms, and serving notice
- Organizing General Meetings, on their own or together with Notary Public
- Assisting in due diligence
The successful Public M&A lawyer is likely to have upwards of 5+ PQE with a public M&A, or a mix of public and private M&A gained at a Top 50 or US/international law firm.
To apply for this outstanding Public M&A lawyer vacancy, please send your CV ASAP or contact Sandra Pavlou in confidence.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.