about 1 year ago
I've been engaged by my client who is looking for a competition lawyer to join their legal team for a 9-12 month contract covering maternity leave.
Reporting to the Head of Group Corporate and Competition Law, you will be part of a high performing team which is well respected across the business. The right person will need to be confident engaging with stakeholders and external counsel and open to getting involved in a broad range of matters including compliance, pricing, litigation, advisory and M&A work. This is a brilliant opportunity to gain valuable experience within an award-winning, friendly, and collaborative legal team who deal with interesting and high-profile cases.
What you will have the chance to do
- Provide pragmatic, timely advice to help deliver Group objectives across all forms of conduct and cooperation including high profile projects.
- Support our high-profile competition litigation projects to deliver financial benefit back to the business, including project planning and budgeting.
- Pro-actively identify and manage competition law risk across the Group and ensure we have an engaging and effective competition law compliance programme, including dawn raids policy.
- Manage our merger control work, responding to questionnaires, challenging mergers where we and our customers may be impacted.
- Help "horizon scan" for future competition law trends which will impact our business.
- Quickly develop confidence to challenge the Group position to ensure an appropriate risk level is adopted.
- Help manage Group relationships with key regulators such as the CMA.
- Pro-actively identify commercial opportunities and advantage through using competition or merger law and assist the business in shaping their arguments.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of relevant EU and UK competition legislation, case law, regulatory practice, including competition litigation.
- Where you require additional resource or expertise, instruct external panel firms effectively and subsequently monitor performance for quality, timeliness, value and stakeholder feedback.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.