Projects, Energy, Infrastructure, 2-6 PQE
We advise the most sophisticated sponsors, project and construction companies, debt providers and governments across a wide array of sectors, including all aspects of renewables, power generation (thermal & nuclear) and transmission, social infrastructure, transport, telecommunications, waste & water, mining and natural resources and oil & gas (upstream, midstream and downstream).
We provide our clients with a totally integrated service on all aspects of projects and acquisition work in both the primary and secondary markets, drawing on and marshalling the firms specialist skills in relation to, among other things, project development, deal-structuring, bankability, equity strategy, debt financing and refinancing (including bank, private placement capital markets, ECA and multilateral), hedging, contracts, construction and regulatory compliance.
The group is currently recruiting for mid-level associates with a broad skill base and relevant sector experience. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a strong track record in project development including construction, and/or project finance.
We are looking for someone with experience of EPC, PPAs, other revenue contracts, concessions, and other commercial contracts, preferably in a project finance context. Strong project docs experience in all or some of the aforementioned, with a focus on actual greenfield project development matters (preference for sponsor side experience, but experience advising lenders, governments and contractors (in that order) is also helpful).
All aspects of new energy projects (e.g. hydrogen, carbon capture etc), renewables, power generation (thermal & nuclear) and transmission, transport, waste & water, mining and natural resources and oil & gas (upstream, midstream and downstream) are of interest and experience in hydrogen, carbon capture and midstream O&G would be ideal.
Role and responsibilities
* Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
* Providing strategic guidance to clients through strong market awareness and an understanding of key objectives
* Managing client expectations, deadlines and project delivery appropriately
* Collaborating across teams, departments and jurisdictions in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
* Matter (or sub-section) management and maximising financial contribution
* Leadership and supervision of junior team members
* Recognising opportunities for business development, assistance with and implementation of group and firm-wide business development strategies
* Proactive engagement with clients both on and off deal with a view towards building and maintaining strong client relationships
* Legal and sector knowledge development and sharing (internally and externally)
* Assisting with billing activities and timely invoicing
* Qualified lawyer ideally 3-5 PQE within a complex international organisation
* Outstanding academic credentials
* Resilient self-starter with the intellectual curiosity and versatility to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
* Experience in at least one of:
* Project development related work
* Project finance related work; or
* Infrastructure acquisition work
* Evidence of a keen interest in Projects, Energy and Infrastructure allied to strong technical knowledge across multiple disciplines
* Highly motivated team player with excellent organisational skills
* Clear and concise verbal and written communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills and a good eye for detail
* Entrepreneurial drive
* Strong commercial/business acumen
* Clear understanding of law firm economics and an understanding of the firm’s strategic priorities
* A person of sound judgement and core values, able to establish a high level of credibility
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.