£50000 - £70000 per annum
2 months ago
A primary focus is to obtain and maintain detailed knowledge of appropriate legislation, regulations and guidance published by UK, EU and other regulatory bodies relating to core banking products for individual and corporate customers such as current accounts, individual and corporate lending including mortgages, cards, FX and interest rate derivatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role holder will:
- undertake regulatory horizon scanning and provide the appropriate guidance and advice to the business.
- work with the project office and appropriate business units to implement regulatory change, product enhancements and remediation projects as required.
- provide support and guidance to all areas of the business as well as providing ongoing oversight of risk mitigation undertaken by the relevant business units.
- aid in the completion of the approved annual compliance monitoring plan to assist the business to manage identified and emerging risks.
- create reports for management and the board, analysis of reports, assist in the development, maintenance and reporting on the thematic monitoring plan
Development Potential: The successful candidate will acquire a broad understanding of the Bank and its operations in the UK and will have the opportunity to build networks and develop relationships with key colleagues across the Regional Banks and Head office in the UK. There is scope within this role to take on additional projects and responsibilities, with the ability to shape and develop it in accordance with the business needs and requirements within an ever evolving department.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The successful applicant will have an ability to work proactively, taking initiative with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team. The individual should be ambitious, have strong communication (both written and verbal), reasoning and influencing skills are essential as is an to develop and maintain strong working relationships
- Proactively assist the Head of Product Compliance in meeting requirements and able to act as lead when the need arises
- A sound knowledge of branch banking or experience from an appropriate regulatory law/ compliance background is essential
- A strong understanding of the UK regulations/rulebooks specifically the PRA, CRD and the FCA Conduct requirements and the ability to interpret regulations within a business context
- Appropriate knowledge and understanding of a full range of individual and corporate banking products, including their functionality, associated processes and practical experience of sales processes and documentation
- Experience of undertaking thematic compliance monitoring reviews and producing compliance monitoring reports to document compliance with internal and external regulations/process
- Strong decision making skills and the ability to make sound judgements which align to the Bank's core principles
- The ability to see things through to resolution and take ownership of their work at all times
- An ability to self-manage, using own initiative with limited direction, remain motivated and lead by example
- Exceptionally strong focus on delivering timely and high quality customer service.
- CeMAp preferred
- Other regulatory exams relvant to the role
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.