£70000 - £90000 per annum
4 months ago
The firm is a top tier private equity sponsor with a proven track record of achieving excellent investor returns. To meet these high standards the role will involve a hands-on approach to managing compliance risk and relationships with external advisers and portfolio companies.
The individual will be a dedicated compliance professional, with substantial private equity experience. Initiative, independence and a desire to proactively help develop the compliance function and manage a broad range of compliance issues are essential skills. The role will report directly into the General Counsel and the CFO (who fills the CCO function) and will work closely with the rest of the finance team.
The core responsibilities shall include the following:
- Advise the firm on regulation and maintain and update policies as well as controls according to FCA regulatory frameworks.
- Maintain the firm's compliance manual to ensure that internal compliance policies adhere to FCA regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Track non-UK regulations and compliance obligations as they apply to international deal original/execution.
- Help develop, maintain and progress comprehensive portfolio risk monitoring programme (including ESG monitoring and development) and portfolio company compliance monitoring.
- Supporting the wider finance team on compliance and regulatory reporting, including regulatory capital.
- Liaise with administrators and boards of offshore GPs, including with respect to local regulations and regulators (e.g. GFSC).
- Manage internal employee reporting and declarations (gifts, personal account dealing, conflicts).
- Provide advice and guidance on financial crime risks, MLRO function.
- Keep abreast of all FCA regulatory changes such as MiFID and SMCR and other changes in law and regulation including GDPR and anti-bribery and corruption.
- Liaise with external counsel.
- Manage external compliance consultants and regular compliance monitoring updates.
- Manage portfolio company change of control applications and associated monitoring obligations.
- PE transaction support to the GC and deal teams, including deal process matters and related documentation.
Key Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate's key skills and experience will be:
- Dedicated compliance professional with 5 to 7 years of compliance experience.
- Established experience of working in a compliance department for a private equity
- Excellent understanding of the FCA handbook and Financial Crime Risks.
- Ideally some knowledge of regulatory requirements in other jurisdictions.
- Initiative is essential - ability and desire to identify and resolve issues proactively.
- Team player - collaborative but also able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Highly motivated, highly organised, strong work ethic.
- High degree of meticulousness and commerciality.
- Strong academics inc degree level education (at 2:1 or higher).
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.